Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had stroke 3 years ago leaving me permant visual field loss.

I had stroke 3 years ago leaving me permant visual field loss. Can detriorate w/out another stroke occuring?
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

As a general rule if things have been stable for 3 years now you should not loose any more vision from your stroke.

Of course, you could have other issues, such as a cataract, that may decrease your vision but this would have nothing to do with your stroke.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.