Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

ears drain fluid when sleeping and have ringing of ears during

ears drain fluid when sleeping and have ringing of ears during the day

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

How long has this been going on? Is the fluid clear, cloudy etc?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any ear pain?

Dr. Rick :

Have you recently had a cold/flu/allergies etc?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicines?

Dr. Rick :

Any history of severe head trauma?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

I look forward to your response so that we can figure out what is going on with your ears.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

has been going on for at least 6 months,no pain or head trauma,but severe itch in boot ears. fluid is clear also been having dizziness and nausea

It is possible that you have an ear infection, possibly with a fungus and that is why they itch so much and are draining. If this has spread to your middle ear it can easily cause nausea and dizziness.

I think that the only way you are going to solve this long standing problem is to have an examination by a doctor. Do you need to see an ENT specialist? If you can easily get in to see one then that, of course, would be best however most GPs can help you with this issue.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.