Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

my husband had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, for many

my husband had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, for many years, 4 years ago had stents put in clogged atereies. Is on high blood pressure medicine, but that is all. just went to the doctor and has not been feeling well, extreme exhaustion, upset stomach, lots of flem in A.M., but his blood pressure is quite low for him, and his cholesterol is low for him, his sodium levels are very low also. But he does not feel well at all, is very red most of the time(but his B.P. is low?) and the whites of his eyes are kinda yellow??
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The whites of his eyes being yellow suggest that he is having liver problems. This could also be why his cholesterol is low.

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest going to an internal medicine specialist for another opinion and, hopefully, she will run some blood tests including a liver panel.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Doctor Rick,

I was worried about the liver also as I have heard that yellow eye whites indicate liver damage.

Thanks again,

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure. That is why I think it is important to have his liver checked out.

Have a good Fourth of July.

Don't forget to mash the excellent feedback button for me :)