Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have had a retina re-attached twice. It was fixed and laser

I have had a retina re-attached twice. It was fixed and laser was use to seal tear. However, there is a small seep of fluid that is blocking vision in right eye. How can this be repaired?
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. I am a retina surgeon.

Do you mean that you have some fluid in the part of your retina called the macula?

How long ago was your retina detachment? Did you require any other procedure to repair the retina issue then laser, such as a gas bubble, scleral buckle etc?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think the retina detached in Feb.2012. They used a scleral buckle and a gas bubble to re-attach. About six weeks later they said a muscle tore. They used a gas bubble and laser to seal tear. Six weeks later I was told there was a small seep and they wanted to do more surgery. I don't think retina is detached this time. What are my options? I don't think I have anyother medical problems. I don't take any medicine.
There can be a number of reasons why you are having fluid accumulate after your retina surgery and the correct treatment will depend on the cause.

If there is an open hole that would need to be sealed, either with laser, cryo or more surgery.

I see you are online and have sent me a message. I have to stop typing to read it :)