Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Nasal congestion off and on for about 2 months now, occasional sneezing, watery discharge

Nasal congestion off and on for about 2 months now, occasional sneezing, watery discharge from the nose, eye tearing on both sides but worse on the left, mild headache with pain across my forehead and above my eye (again worse on the left side), discomfort in cheek area and front of my left ear. Sometimes hurts if I press above my eyebrow. There are areas on my head that are mildly sore when I press on them. Also, sometimes the left side of my head will ache when I lay on that side. When I stand up from a sitting position or walk up and down stairs, it will hurt a little above my eye or on top of my head. None of these symptoms interfer with my daily activities and I do not actually wake up with a headache. When I get up in the morning I am congested and my head feels full. This will subside after I am up for a while. Just finished 10 days on omnicef which improved my symptoms. Is it an infection or should I be worried about a brain tumor or aneurysm? I am very worried!
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since you are having problems with your system, when can I expect an answer to my problem?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
First of all I do not believe you have a brain tumor or aneurysm :)

Oops. I see you have posted something. Let me see what you said....

We can use this "chat" mode....it is just a bit slower but I'm here and working :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it an ongoing sinus infection? If so, will it ever get better, or am I going to suffer with this throughout the summer?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you have chronic sinusitis. The fact that you got better, briefly, on antibiotics makes this more likely. The good news? Brain tumors etc don't get better on antibiotics ;)

I think that you should consult with an ENT physician and, if she thinks it is indicated, get a MRI of your sinuses. Treatment may need only nasal decongestants and therapy. If that doesn't clear things up then surgical treatment should be effective.

Doest this make sense to you?

I just got your post....and, no. I do not think that you need to suffer with this all summer. Nor do I think taking another course of antibiotics is the way to go. You need to get to the root of the problem and, to do this, and ENT doctor is your best bet.

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Sorry about the technical difficulties we are having this morning :(
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest