Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hi. My wife sees an opthamologist and due to diabetes, had

Hi. My wife sees an opthamologist and due to diabetes, had full blown cataracts. They were successfully removed. She also has convergence and the octopic Dr is trying to use prism glasses to help her. My wife also has vertigo and serious balance issues. The fitting for the prism glasses my her vertigo kick up and she made it through the exam, but it was VERY hard on her.

Before I have these glasses made for her, can you tell me how much they will cost. On average ..... $ 100, 200 ??

I am afraid she will not be able to tolerate the prisms due to her vertigo/dizziness/ balance problems. Thank you.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Depending on the amount of prism needed and the frames she selects, prism glasses can be fairly expensive. I have seen some pairs of prism glasses that cost over $500.

Dr. Rick :

I would shop around for glasses at various shops and compare prices. You can have the glasses Rx made at any optical service.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Have a goo day!