Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

my father, had a cornea transplant a year and half ago, and

Customer Question

my father, had a cornea transplant a year and half ago, and ever since he's had nothing but promblems. they;ve lazered his bottom eye lashes off, because they said that was causing scathing, they've plugged up his tear ducks. And its even affected his good eye, he cann't hardly see any more. Could someone please tell me what we can do,. I think someone messed up, and doesn't want to own up to it.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

Has anyone suggested doing surgery on his eyelid if lashes are rubbing on his cornea?

Dr. Rick :

If you can see this please respond so I know you are there.....

Dr. Rick :

I cannot see anything that you are typing. Our chat system may not be working well at the moment. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Rick :

Can your father travel for a second opinion?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am writting to you, can you see me now?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I can see you now.

I was wondering if your father could travel for a second opinion as it seems from what you have posted that you have lost faith in his current doctors.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
A possible treatment for his surface/tear film issues would be a lateral tarsorrhaphy. This would help to protect his corneal graft and make his artificial tears last longer.

Has anyone mentioned doing anything like this?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I see that you are offline. I'm sorry about the technical problems we are having this evening that have slowed down our ability to communicate with each other. I look forward to hearing from you again so that we and get your father some help figuring out what to do next about his corneal transplant.