Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I had cataract surgery earlier this year and have had laser

I had cataract surgery earlier this year and have had laser treatments to clear up a few spots. Today, I see the floaters and have the feeling that I have a guaze over this eye. My eye doctor told me that I would probably see floaters all the rest of my life, but this new cloudiness is stressful. Since today is Sunday, my doctor is not in. What can I do to alleviate this cloudiness?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 2 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you experiencing any flashing or arcing lights in your vision? Does this "gauze" appear like a curtain or veil over some part of the vision? How long has this gauze been there?

Customer:

Occasional flashing or arcing lights but not lately. The gauze appears like a curtain or veil over my entire left eye. It showed up yesterday after I was working in the yard and sweat got into my eyes.

Doctor DanB :

Does the gauze or haze improve or change when you blink a few times? Is there anything that improves it or is it the same all the time?

Doctor DanB :

Are you still there? Did you see my last questions: "Does the gauze or haze improve or change when you blink a few times? Is there anything that improves it or is it the same all the time?"

Customer:

Did my reply finally come through?

Doctor DanB :

No, I'm sorry it didn't. Try again, if you would please.

Doctor DanB :

I'm sorry that your reply didn't make it through to me. I see that you rated "poor service". I'm sorry that there has been technical difficulties. I can certainly speculate on why you have this haze over this eye, but unfortunately your answers to my questions help me narrow down the possibilities, since I can't actually examine you. Let me fill you in on what I think may be happening...

Doctor DanB :

Since you haven't had any change in your floaters (it seems like), nor the flashing lights, and also considering that this started happening after you got sweat in your eyes, I suspect that maybe this vision change is related to some problem with your tear film and how that may have been affected by the sweat in your eyes. To that end, I would recommend using some artificial tears (some brand names my patients like include Soothe, Blink, Refresh, Optive) 4-5x/day for a few days. If you find that this persists despite that, or worsens, or if you are starting to experience a noticeable increase or change in floaters, flashing lights or vision, then I would recommend seeing your ophthalmologist right away. Does that make sense?

Customer:

Yes thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my rating.

Doctor DanB :

Do you have any other questions I can help you with?

Doctor DanB :

If not,

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. If at anytime you feel this process has been helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, if you see it. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Customer:
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology