Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My mother of about 70 years had a cataract surgery in Nigeria

My mother of about 70 years had a cataract surgery in Nigeria about a year a go. Since the sugery, though the cataract is longer visible but vision did not realy improve and she had ocational eye pain, redness and tear. These clear after some treatment, but just after about a year a cloudy white material apeared in the eye covering almost the entire eye with severe eye pain and headache. I want to take her abroad for another treatment because the health car in my country is sorry to say "rubbish". Please advice me. I am realy disturbed and dont know what to do. Please I darely need your advice, I can sleep I somehow feal it is my fault.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB :

It sounds like likely has some inflammation in the eye and most specifically, in the cornea, which may be caused by high eye pressures. I do think it would be important to have her seen by an ophthalmologist as soon as you can to prevent further vision damage. Does that make sense?

Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.     My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry! 

Yes it makes a lot of sense just hope it is not late. Thank you a lot. Shall keep you posted

Doctor DanB :

Okay. Good luck!