Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Hi,I started out suddenly having a piercing pain and sensitivity

Customer Question

Hi,I started out suddenly having a piercing pain and sensitivity to light suddenly one evening. ( redness as well).A few days later the glands in my neck were swollen and painful.Upon visiting an ophthalmologist 7 days after eye pain started I was given vexol, 1 drop 3 times daily.I visited another ophthalmologist 7 days later after getting no relief from the blurred vision in my eye.I was given tobradex drop 3 times daily.4 days later I visited the same doctor after my vision got seemingly blurrier.He put me on accuser as well, 1 drop 3 times daily and reduced tobrdex to twice daily.He prescribed a no. Of test.My hba1c was 5.5, random blood sugar 98, good CBC and negative for toxoplasmosis.I took these results to another ophthalmologist for a second opinion approx. 2 weeks after the visit.she says that she sees no inflammation,however my vision is 20/40. She does not think it is uveitis or retinitis from what she saw.she says my retina looks fine but ther are some pigment cells on both eyes which has her concerned.She recommended a visual field test to check for optic nerve function.i am doing this soon.Please give me you opinion.I am getting scared since my vision is very blurry and still seeing tiny lines when out in the light.Thank you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

if you have been on all of those eye drops to treat eye inflammation, infection, ureitis and the eye drops did not help at all, most likely you don't have any of those diagnosis. Don't be scared. migraine headaches sometimes can cause sudden piercing pain and sensitivity to light and sometimes even blurry vision. I don't think you should be bouncing back and forth to different opthalmologist. I would stick with the last one you mentioned who is female and talk to her about the possibility of a migraine headache causing your symptoms and see if you would benefit from seeing an neurologist about it.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
what else can I help with?