Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have shingles on right side of face . Swelling ( no bumps)

I have shingles on right side of face . Swelling ( no bumps) has spread to left side of face under eye . I thought it only stayed on one side ? Taking valacyclovir 3 days and topical ointment and icing . Concerned swelling spread ?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Doctor DanB says:5:30 PMHello and thanks for your question. You are correct. Shingles always only stats on one side. Either...5:31 PMYou have shingles on both sides (horribly rare) or this isn't shingles. Does that make sense?5:33 PMDoes this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?      It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at anytime you feel this process has been helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, if you see it.  This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  Thanks for your inquiry!  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.