Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

woke with a pain in my right eye it felt like my eyelid was

woke with a pain in my right eye it felt like my eyelid was turn inside out so I rub my eye to
try to get it to feel back normal now my eye is swollen,red and leaking water
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Whatbyounare experiencing now is a a normal, but hyperactive immune system response to the vigorous rubbing of the eye. I would recommend using cool compresses on that eye liberally over the next 48 hours, as well as artificial tears 4-5x/day in that eye to help calm down this inflammation. While this sprung up in a matter of seconds it can, unfortunately take sometimes 2-3 days to return back to normal. If there is significant itching you can use an OTC drop like Alaway or Zaditor which may also help the inflammation to subside quicker. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?     It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at anytime you feel this process has been helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, if you see it.  This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  Thanks for your inquiry!  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.