Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Hi I am living in a different country and dont speak their

Customer Question

Hi I am living in a different country and dont speak their language very well so hope you can help me - I sneezed last night x3, woke up in the middle of night with running nose - this morning have sneezed a few times and have a running nose and very sore tired stinging eyes - I often get a blocked left ear and then a burst ear drum and am trying to avoid this happening this time - am elderly and female - better out in the cold fresh air - throat not sore but a bit tight
Thank you very much in advance
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Looks like you are having a bout of viral nasopharyngitis ( common cold). It is common to have watering of eyes during this. You can take Syrup Benedryl, 1 tablespoon at bedtime, for 1 week. it helps in case of running nose and a tightness in the throat. It can cause drowsiness in some individuals hence one should be cautious while driving when taking this medicine.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

For the eyes you can start putting preservative free refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day.

JACUSTOMER-eqht6c5n- :

I wanted a homepathic remedy NOT a pharmaceutical remedy which costs less in my country than your answer and which I am trying to avoid using! I would appreciate your refunding my 55.00NZ as I feel it has been mis apporopriated - taken under false pretences

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Sorry but there was no mention about not wanting an allopathic treatment in the question at all. If you are not looking for this answer then please do NOT accept this answer so that you are not charged for this.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Just exit this chat ( do NOT accept ) and contact the customer care for the needful.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thank you

JACUSTOMER-eqht6c5n- :

Well I was asked for my card number BEFORE your reply was recieved and therefore I have been charged ALREADY

JACUSTOMER-eqht6c5n- :
Dr. A.S. Desai :

I am an Ophthalmologist on this site and can only help you with an eye question and not beyond that. Please contact the customer care for further assistance as I have no clue how that is done( the refund). Just exit this chat ( do NOT accept ).