Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Periodically usually when bright lights are evident or strong

Customer Question

Periodically usually when bright lights are evident or strong sunlight my vision is impaired .
My eyes see areas which are blobbed out. I do not get this often but have been getting it for about 15 years. There is no pain and usually it goes in about 30 minutes. I have Vitrous detatchment. It can be very disturbing.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It looks like you are experiencing symptoms of migraine( areas getting blobbed out and each episode lasting not more than 30 minutes). Headache may or may not be present in case of ocular migraine.

Oops I was in the middle of my answer when you actually accepted thus ending the chat. Nevermind we can still continue to interact here at the Q&A mode.

Though there is no specific treatment for such migraine( analgesics are prescribed in case of headache), Tab.Flunarizine, 10 mg once at bedtime is said to be helpful in preventing episodes.It is a specific calcium antagonist and is known to be effective in migraine prophylaxis. it has to be taken for atleast a month.