Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

sudden blurry vision lasted 3-4 min. and was gone. happened 3 or 4 times over past year o

sudden blurry vision lasted 3-4 min. and was gone. happened 3 or 4 times over past year or so. No headache or nausea after. Have history or migraine or the eye (tunnel vision) but this is different.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Such transient obscuration of vision can occur due to vascular causes. Sometimes the blood supply to the eye can get reduced for a brief moment thus causing very short episodes of blurred vision. Hence it makes sens to get a CT scan of head and neck so as to look out for possible cause of ischemia( reduced flow of blood).

Customer:

yes

Customer:

ok, I also had annual physical a few days ago and my blood work including sugar came back fine

Dr. A.S. Desai :

That is good.

Customer:

I do have diabetes in family but I don't as of yet.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Was the lipid profile normal too?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Any history of hypertension?

Customer:

yes, it was all fine

Customer:

not that I'm aware of

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. I guess the report of CT scan of the brain is going to be helpful. Usually an MRI scan is considered more superior in detecting these.

Customer:

Ok, so I should make sure my eye Dr. adds that to tests?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes , you can discuss with the doctor regarding this ( instead of both CT and MRI scans it is better to get only MRI done). If need be you might be advised to undergo carotid doppler test also.

Customer:

I actually have very low blood pressure on average could that have effect if gets too low?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

This would help to know if there was any problem in the flow of blood in the carotid arteries which in turn give the ophthalmic artery ( which supplies to the eye).

Customer:

ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Low blood pressure can cause dizziness and sensation of black out too.

Customer:

Ok, experienced during labor and injury in past.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. Anyway getting the investigations done is better.

Customer:

Ok, thank you!

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are welcome. I guess you can worry less now and relax, as stress is not good and can add to your problems. Take care.

Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince