Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

we went for a meal, my son had twq pints lagaer, we came home

Customer Question

we went for a meal, my son had twq pints lagaer, we came home ,he sat at the table ,his face went red ,his eyes red and puffy, slured speech, ,he asked for a coffee, he drank half held it in his hands, his head slumped forward, and was out for the countfor a good ten minutes, When he started to come round he was, slured and very tired, and wobbley on his feet, although he was aware of things around him, he just wanted to go to sleep , he went to bed and slept untill morning, this happend at about 4,30 in the afternoon
It has happened before and he went to the doctors, the doctor gave him antidepressants. Weather my son told his gp everything, we dont know , as my son cannot see himself like this,
from a worried mum
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I can see why you are a worried Mum........

Dr. Rick :

Given what you have told me I think you should take your son to Emergency right away for a complete examination. This does not sound to me like something that would be treated with a course of antidepressants.....

Dr. Rick :

If you can not get him to Emergency right now then he should see his regular doctor today.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you at no additional charge :-)

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue. If you have a chance I'd like to hear what the emergency doctor found.

Take care and have a good day.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry i didnt call a doctor at this time as his wife said he will be ok in a bit, as he has had these sort of things before, and just accuses him of being drunk, as that is what he looks like, but he had had two pints , is it somehing in the beer, he sort of went out for the count , he did say that he didnt feel himself in the morning, but we went out anyway he did go to work yesterday, i hope i am explaining it ok

thanks

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
You did a good job of explaining it. I do not think that two pints should have that sort of an effect on him....something else may be going on.

Since he feels well enough to go to work (I didn't understand that this episode happened a few days ago) I think a visit to his GP is in order to discuss what happened after just a small amount of drink.

I agree with you -- at the very least he needs a good exam to make sure that he is otherwise healthy. I would not just put it off to "being drunk"

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the positive feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.