Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have itchi eye problem this time a year. I used eye drops

Customer Question

I have itchi eye problem this time a year. I used eye drops they seem do not work it is herting a lot what can i do please
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. If you're using Patanol and it still is itching, then I would advise continuing to use the Patanol, but to augment with other treatment options. These include...

Doctor DanB :

Artificial tears 3-4x/day and cool compresses (an ice pack or cool, wet washcloth) as much as you want--they will help cool the inflammation down--will help the eye feel better immediately. But your allergies may be significant enough that you need more than just the Patanol. I would recommend also taking an over-the-counter antihistamine such as Claritin, Zyrtec, or Allegra in addition to the Patanol. Does all this make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

Doctor DanB :

If not, your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! If this has been helpful in addressing your concerns, please hit the ACCEPT button. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Doctor DanB :

Are you there?