Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have had histo scars in both eyes since I weas 21. I am now

Customer Question

I have had histo scars in both eyes since I weas 21. I am now 60. Lost the central vision in early 20's in left eye. Can see light and dark at the sides, no central vision. Now the right eye has scars but so far they have been away from the central vision. I had a wet spot develop about 3 yrs ago, and it took 3 shots in eye about two weeks apart to stop the growth. My Dr said she used colon cancer chemo in the shots. Said it has proved very well in stopping the disease. At this time I am in trhe process of trying to qualify for a double lung transplant. Some of the medicines I read about port op scare me to death. some say they came affect vision. Should I get names of meds. and get back to you?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. I would be happy to review the medicines with you and discuss any effects on the eyes that they may have.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I look forward to your reply so that we can go over the medicines in detail.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Oops! You accepted too soon.

Not to worry though.....I am still here and looking forward to reviewing your list of medicines in depth with you. Just because you already paid me doesn't mean I go up in a puff of smoke :)

Just post your list here and I'll be happy to go over them for you....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr Rick,

I'm at work right now. I'll have to drag out my files on meds for post transplant and let you know at a later date. I hope this is ok. Thanks, Kay sarvich

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
No hurry....I'll be here when you are ready :)