Dr. Pauline
Dr. Pauline, Doctor
Experience:  MBChB. BSc(Hons)Pharm
659881

I was extremely busy for a couple of months and feel exhausted.

Customer Question

I was extremely busy for a couple of months and feel exhausted. I noticed I see simmering light (like a thunder or star)...I don't know how to say in English...in my left eye when I am so tired and feel dizzy. It doesn't happen all the time. I'll be able to go to the doctor next week but not this week. Does this condition require immediate attention?

I've been very healthy. Only problem I have is colesterol but it has been normal with Med.
I've been eating well and sleeping well but I couldn't do so for two months.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Pauline replied 4 years ago.
Hello, do you have any loss of vision?
Any tenderness to touch on forehead ?
Any headache?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No,there's any chance in my vision. I don't have a headache. I don't feel any tenderness on my forehead. I just see a sort of "star" or "line" when I'm exhausted. It happens on my left eye only a week ago.

I have worked for 60 hours/week for two months to quit my part-time work and build my private practice (I'm a psychologist). I'm just exhausted but I have no serious chronic condition except high colesterol (I'm on med and the level is normal now).
Stars or lines of light can be associated with migraine headaches, however they can also occur in situations of low blood pressure.

This does need to be investigated, speed of seeing a doctor is determined by the severity of the problem. Complete loss of vision is an emergency and would require ER.

You should ensure that you drink plenty of water, and try to avoid caffeine and smoking. Do see a doctor as soon as you can for a check up.