Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have this brown sack on the white part of my eye. It has

Customer Question

I have this brown sack on the white part of my eye. It has been there since I was a kid and im now 30. Now though it seems to have gotten bigger . When I was a kid the eye doctor told me it wasnt anything that could hurt me. I actually want it removed now so can someone tell me what it may be and how it would possibly be removed. I do have a fairly good photo of it.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB :

These kids of lesions are usually quite amenable to excision with surgery and by so doing, can be sent to a pathologist to examine it and know what type of tissue you're dealing with (benign, malignant, etc...). If you're having difficulty with your current ophthalmologist wanting to do this, then I would recommend getting a second opinion. Does that make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Does this information help address your concerns?

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! If this has been helpful in addressing your concerns, please hit the ACCEPT button. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just attached a photo so you can see what im talking about

I'm sorry, I didn't get that attachment. Can you try it again?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well now it shows a error whenever I try to attach a image so it might be blocked because I am on my jobs network. I will send it when I get home in a hour
Sounds good. I'll wait for its arrival.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm still not seeing it. There's an image there with a link to click on it, but nothing comes up when I click it. Can you try again with a different format?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Yes, this could be a questionable conjunctival lesion with possible malignant potential. I would recommend seeing an ophthalmogist to see about having this surgically excised. Does that make sense?
Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?     

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at anytime you feel this process has been helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, if you see it.  This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  Thanks for your inquiry!  

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What would usually be involved in removing it. Are we talking blades or lasers or possible loss of vision?
Blades. Very low chance of vision loss. Fairly straightforward procedure.