Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I thought of an other question it has nothing to due with the

I thought of an other question it has nothing to due with the surgery though. Over the last couple years I have been noticing that I have alot of that white eye mucous is this bad? And some times it has blood.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. I have to step away from my computer for a little bit but I shall return soon!

Customer:
Dr. Rick :

Hi. No, mucus is not a bad thing. It is usually from a dry eye issue or allergies.

Dr. Rick :

A tinge of blood once in a while is also not anything to worry about as it can come from a plugged up meibomian gland that opens up and cleans itself out etc.

Dr. Rick :

None of these issues should be of concern when it comes to the surgery you are going to have.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you at no additional charge :-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes that all made sense. Thank you , you have been a big help
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
My pleasure. Good luck with your surgery....let me know how things turn out :-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will. I am still really scared
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I know that you are but, trust me, everything will be fine....you just need to try and not worry so much :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know that's what my parents tell me to. But its hard
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Just hang in there and don't let the dogs git 'cha down....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thought I would just share this with you not only do i have my eye surgery to look forward to now I am having surgery on my in a couple of days
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Best of luck with both :)