Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Which Doctor performs the surgery to unblock a plugged tear

Which Doctor performs the surgery to unblock a plugged tear duct on an adult in Canada,please?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

An optometrist will not be able to help you with this issue. You need to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist (eye MD). She will be able to do any surgery you might need.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you at no additional charge :-)

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK Doctor, but how do I get a referral to an Opthamalogist, when I don't have a family doctor? Would an Optometrist be able to refer me?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Yes. An optometrist should be able to refer you.