Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I am having pain above my left eyebrow and up to the far left

I am having pain above my left eyebrow and up to the far left part of my forehead. It feels like a bruise [very bad painful one] to touch. I tried to explore it with my fingers and when I located the place that it hurt really bad, it caused a feeling of pressure behind my left eye and my ear felt like it needed to pop. I also feel congestion way up high in the sinus area of that nostril. What the heck??
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Customer:
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB :

How long has your sinuses been congested?

Customer:

Honestly I have allergies so pretty much forever

Doctor DanB :

Your symptoms sound consistent with a sinus infection. Have you seen your doctor about this?

Customer:

no I haven't

Doctor DanB :

I would recommend seeing a doctor to get an exam to confirm this; it sounds like antibiotics may need to be started.

Customer:

so the severe bruised feeling on my head can happen with a sinus infection?

Doctor DanB :

Yes, it can.

Customer:

That's a relief! I'll call my doctor.

Doctor DanB :

Do you have any other questions about this?

Customer:

no, thank you very much. have a good evening now.

Doctor DanB :

You're welcome. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! If this has been helpful in addressing your concerns, please hit the ACCEPT button. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Customer: