Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

ra-kur

Customer Question

I am soon to have surgery to have a frozen biopsy done on a growth in the duct connecting my left eye to my left nostral. A MRI showed the growth. The frozen section will be checked for cancer. If the surgeon deems appropriate, he will replace the duct with a glass duct. I currently have two eyed double vertical vision off and on (mostly on). Four months ago I was treated on qn emergency hospitalization with IV of high dosage of steroids and antibiotics for orbital cellulites which showed in a CAT scan. About 3 months before my double vision started as horizontal. I am being treated by North Carolina University Opthamological. How would you treat these conditions. I am 70 yearsed old and have Parkinson's since 1993. Joyce
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David.

I don't think the mass in the nasal lacrimal duct would be causing the double vision, unless the mass is pressing on the medical rectus orbital muscle.

It sounds to me you are getting good care by the opthalmologist at NC Univ. another option is after the biopsy, you could get radiation therapy to the mass if the tumor is a radiosensitive tumor like a lymphoma.