Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My baby is 1 and has yellow goop coming out of both eyes and

Customer Question

My baby is 1 and has yellow goop coming out of both eyes and they are swollen also this morning he had yellow snot coming out both nostrils. After giving him pseudoephedrine his snot turned clear, but he is still having the problem with his eyes
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. This is likely a viral conjunctivitis which usually just has to run its course, but I wouldn't take the chance of assuming that it is viral.
Doctor DanB : To that end, I would recommend taking the child to see an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist, to make sure this doesn't need antibiotics. Does that make sense?
JACUSTOMER-pb1x1cq3- :

JACUSTOMER-pb1x1cq3- :

Last time that he had boogery eyes the pseudoephedrine cleared it up. I have also put some vicks vapor rub on his chest to help with his stuffy nose.

JACUSTOMER-pb1x1cq3- :

I'm also running a humidifier

Doctor DanB : I understand, but the fact that it is not clearing it up this time, makes it more likely it is something that needs prescription medicine to treat.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at anytime you feel this process has been helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, if you see it.  This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  Thanks for your inquiry!  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
JACUSTOMER-pb1x1cq3- :

I do not accept your answer. I took him to his pediatrian and all it was was that his sinus's was blocked and all I had to do was to wash his sinus cavities. So again you can keep your answer. I also want to cancel my subscription this site is a waste of money.