Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Had cataract surgery last week want to have one lens redone

Had cataract surgery last week want to have one lens redone for distance is this possible

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are
Doctor DanB : Are you available to chat?

I'm available to chat now - sorry for the delay

Doctor DanB :

No problem. Are you still here.

Doctor DanB :

Doctor DanB :

If you want to have one lens removed and exchanged for a different lens, this is certainly possible. It would require another surgery to allow for exchange of the lens, but it can be done. As far as timing goes, the sooner that this is done, the better off you will be. The reason for this is that the more time goes by, the more the lens will "stick" to and become part of the shell that it is in--it is easier to take out and replace the closer it is done to the original surgery. Does that make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns?

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Yes it does make sense - I am seeing the Opthomologist this afternoon and this gives me a little more info I'm thinking price should be around 1500.00

Doctor DanB :

Good luck. If this service has been helpful in any way, please share your feedback with us and let us know how we can improve. Thank you.