Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

what are the best nutrients to promote healing of cornial abbrasions?

what are the best nutrients to promote healing of cornial abbrasions? or cornial transplant?. Is oxygen ever used
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

No. Oxygen, such as would be used in hyperbaric treatment, is not as far as I know, used to try and heal corneal abrasions.

Dr. Rick :

Sometimes, eye drop containing vitamin C are helpful in cases where corneal issues have problems healing. In severe cases the conjunctiva can be sewn over the cornea to save the eye or the eyelids can be sewn closed. This usually heals the most difficult corneal abrasions/ulcers.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.