Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Im a 52-year-old. My left eyelid s drooping slightly for the

I'm a 52-year-old. My left eyelid s drooping slightly for the past 2 years -- I can't seem to get an answer from any opthalmalogists about whether to be concerned about this. A 2003 visual field test showed my left eye has some peripheral vision loss on the left. Is this anything to be concerned about? I've had an MRI in 2006, and I can't seem to get my current opthalmalogist to tell me if I need to do some follow up. It's been two weeks that I've given him the CD and reports from 2003 and 2006 but he seems to be lagging
I've used cellphones on the left side of my head since 1998.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

First of all, using a cell phone is not going to cause any problems with your eyes at all.

Dr. Rick :

It can not cause visual field loss and I, personally and professionally, do not believe any of the statements that it causes brain tumors or any of that other junk.

Dr. Rick :

Can you tell me more about this peripheral vision loss you had in 2003? Have you had any repeat studies? Have you had any abnormalities found during an eye exam by an ophthalmologist?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

I look forward to your response so that we can continue to work on your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ummm. What do you mean by studies? Do you mean MRIs?
No. visual field testing such as a humphrey visual field test, optic nerve exam, retina evaluation etc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I just checked with my opthalmologist
Can you tell me the results of the studies and how they compared to previous visual fields?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Good question...I will have to follow up with that because I just saw him and he only looked at my 2 older MRIs, didn't say anything about the previous field test...I honestly cant' remember if I had picked it up and brought it to his office or not.. Hope I can get this worked out before I need to Accept Answer... or should I click on Accept Answer now.?
It is up to you. If you hit the accept button now if you want, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you at no additional charge :-)

Or you can wait....it entirely up to you.