Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have just recently (last 2 weeks) noticed that I have a blister

I have just recently (last 2 weeks) noticed that I have a blister like growth on the side of my head. Not under the hair but just off my forehead a little higher than my ear. In between my eye and ear. It is colorless and dry.
Thank-you.
Bill Mc.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Is there just one blister? How large is it? Is there any abnormal feeling in that area or did it feel kinda weird before the blister showed up?

Customer:

There is only one blister. It is about 1/3 inch across and raised just a bit. There wasn't really any warning before it showed up and it doesnt hurt.

Dr. Rick :

Can you take a picture of it and attach it to this this thread using the paperclip on your screen?

Customer:

yup, it will take a few minutes

Dr. Rick :

ok

Customer:

Blister
Full Size Image

Dr. Rick :

got it..brb

Customer:

Thats it, bottom middle

Dr. Rick :

That is kinda big, isn't it:

Dr. Rick :

?

Customer:

The picture was taken pretty close.

Dr. Rick :

Does it seem sorta solid or like it is full of liquid and could be 'popped'?

Customer:

I think its dry inside, it doesnt feel like a liquid is in there.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. How quickly did it show up and get to that size?

Customer:

I just really noticed it in the last 2 weeks and it was already that size when I noticed it. I don't think i t has changed much or at all since I noticed it.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. It is possible that it could have been there for quite some time, perhaps months, and you've just recently noticed it?

Customer:

I am pretty sure not. My wife just said to me last night, "Did you notice theres something on the side of your face? " That is when I said I noticed it two weeks ago. She catches things l;ike that all the time.

Dr. Rick :

Ok....I understand that. My wife is the same way :)

Dr. Rick :

well, I must admit that in the picture it looks like a skin cancer....but it would have been there for quite some time if that were the case. It doen't look like it is caused by an infection so I guess, at this point, I'd not worry about it.

Dr. Rick :

Next time you are with your doctor just point it out to her. Or, should it grow, change color, become irritated etc, then have it looked at sooner....

Customer:

Just keep it out of the sun and watch it to make sure it doesnt change color then I guess.

Dr. Rick :

Sorry I can't tell you more but with chat as my only "diagnostic" tool, my skills are somewhat handicapped ;9

Dr. Rick :

That sounds like a good plan to me....

Customer:

Well thanks for you help on this.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick :

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.