Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have just recently (last 2 weeks) noticed that I have a blister

I have just recently (last 2 weeks) noticed that I have a blister like growth on the side of my head. Not under the hair but just off my forehead a little higher than my ear. In between my eye and ear. It is colorless and dry.
Thank-you.
Bill Mc.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Is there just one blister? How large is it? Is there any abnormal feeling in that area or did it feel kinda weird before the blister showed up?

Customer:

There is only one blister. It is about 1/3 inch across and raised just a bit. There wasn't really any warning before it showed up and it doesnt hurt.

Dr. Rick :

Can you take a picture of it and attach it to this this thread using the paperclip on your screen?

Customer:

yup, it will take a few minutes

Dr. Rick :

ok

Customer:

Blister
Full Size Image

Dr. Rick :

got it..brb

Customer:

Thats it, bottom middle

Dr. Rick :

That is kinda big, isn't it:

Dr. Rick :

?

Customer:

The picture was taken pretty close.

Dr. Rick :

Does it seem sorta solid or like it is full of liquid and could be 'popped'?

Customer:

I think its dry inside, it doesnt feel like a liquid is in there.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. How quickly did it show up and get to that size?

Customer:

I just really noticed it in the last 2 weeks and it was already that size when I noticed it. I don't think i t has changed much or at all since I noticed it.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. It is possible that it could have been there for quite some time, perhaps months, and you've just recently noticed it?

Customer:

I am pretty sure not. My wife just said to me last night, "Did you notice theres something on the side of your face? " That is when I said I noticed it two weeks ago. She catches things l;ike that all the time.

Dr. Rick :

Ok....I understand that. My wife is the same way :)

Dr. Rick :

well, I must admit that in the picture it looks like a skin cancer....but it would have been there for quite some time if that were the case. It doen't look like it is caused by an infection so I guess, at this point, I'd not worry about it.

Dr. Rick :

Next time you are with your doctor just point it out to her. Or, should it grow, change color, become irritated etc, then have it looked at sooner....

Customer:

Just keep it out of the sun and watch it to make sure it doesnt change color then I guess.

Dr. Rick :

Sorry I can't tell you more but with chat as my only "diagnostic" tool, my skills are somewhat handicapped ;9

Dr. Rick :

That sounds like a good plan to me....

Customer:

Well thanks for you help on this.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick :

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.