Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have been having eye floaters over the past few weeks but

Customer Question

I have been having eye floaters over the past few weeks but they didn't seem bothersome. Over the past few days I have had a killer headache and many many of the black eye floaters. Is this something that I should go to the urgent care for. Is it an emergency?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I would not worry about the eye floaters, but the hiller headache is worrisome. if it doesn't get better, you should definitely go to the ER to be evaluted for your headache. if the headache gets better, then it is less worrisome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will the eye floaters resolve on their own or are they permenant? Is there a way to minimize them? The headache is in the middle of the back of my head. Could the headache be associated with my vision? My vision has gotten poor over the past few months and I have been straining my eyes a lot.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
if the floaters are not bothering you and not bothering your vision, most likely they are not affecting the headaches. you can talk to an eye doctor about if moisturizing eye drops or steroid eye drops might help with the floaters.

changes in your visual accuity causing you to squint can definitely cause headaches. this would be treated with new eye glasses or contact lenses.