Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

My labels for my ear drops and eye drops got switched

My labels for my ear drops and eye drops got switch (they were simple tape labels that said "eye" and "ear" (and I'm suspecting my friends son)) so I just put a drop of ear in my eye. I rinsed it with water right way. I have a bottle of fluorometholone (0.1%). Would that help?)
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Kids! They think the craziest thing is funny. I've had 5 of them so I remember their pranks well.....

Dr. Rick :

That is a steroid and I suggest that you not use that one to soothe your eye. The best thing to do is rinse your eye out well with water and then use artificial tears to soothe your eye.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Welcome to chat. How does your eye feel now? Also, what do you think the contents of the ear drop bottle were?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
What is the botXXXXX XXXXXne? You should be OK. It you have a corneal abrasion (feels like something is in your eye) I suggest you use cold compresses and the natural tears. You can also use a soothing ointment, such as refresh PM or lacrilube and you eye should be back to normal in 24 hours.

Does this make sense to you?

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.