Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had plastic surgery on my eye lids and under my eyes. The

I had plastic surgery on my eye lids and under my eyes 4/19/12. The bruising is almost completely gone from my lids, however there is still a bruise under each eye kind of like thin smile shape, the edema is almost completely gone. Any recommedations out there ????
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

At this point I would stop the ice as this may slow down your bodies process of "vacuuming" up the blood particles that make up the bruise. Warm compresses will help to speed things up a bit if you so desire.

Dr. Rick :

The good news? This area of residual bruising will clear up in the near future.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you by pressing the accept button or smiley face. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.