Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have had cataract sugery on both eyes last month and everyting

I have had cataract sugery on both eyes last month and everyting was fine but for the last few days they have been wattering is miserable...

I am putting drops in and taking alegra D
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 2 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. What kind if drops are you putting in?
Customer:

I think they are just water. they are called blink,,, optomptrist gave thm tome

Customer:

I see your offline now.. give me your answer when your back on and Ill answer you in the morning........

Doctor DanB : Watering is usually a sign of some sort of irritation. After having had cataract surgery on both eyes, the very most likely thing to be causing the watering is that the surface of the eyes is inflamed and dry in patches, with the watering being a reflex watering to help counteract that inflammation and drying. Other reasons could be allergies (if you're having significant itching then this is possible), or inflammation inside the eye (called iritis). This would usually be associated with at least some degree of redness, and/or light sensitivity, but not always. If you are using the Blink tear drops regularly, and by that I mean 3-4x/day, everyday and have been doing this for at least a couple of weeks, then it's either. It enough of a treatment for a dry/inflamed eye surface, or that's not the abuse. If you haven't been, I would suggest starting with that, being consistent with the use of them. If you have been, then I would recommend going to see your ophthalmologist as there may be inflammAtiin that has returned from the surgery that may need to be dealt with by prescription medicines.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense?  Do you have any other questions about this? It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology