Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have recently been getting a pressure in my head, above my

I have recently been getting a pressure in my head, above my forehead, along with slight dizziness and slight nausea. It comes and goes. It has been happening for about a month now. I have not been sick. I have been exercising everyday, and I eat healthy. I am a microbiologist so I do some microscopic work, but have been doing less in the last 6 months. I have had my eyes checked 2 months ago, where I was fitted with new contacts. I have heard of other people having these same symptoms and doctors don't know what it is. I have heard to get head xrays to rule out a sinus infection. What can I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Do you have any visual complaints? Problems when using a binocular microscope or looking in the distance? Any ear issues or nasal drip etc?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I look forward to your response so that we can continue to work on what is causing your forehead pressure and dizziness.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have not had any nasal drip, or vision problems. I am noticing that I am having a little more trouble reading small numbers. The microscope work is fine. I do not have any problems with it. I have no problems with my ears. Around 3 months ago I did go see a doctor about having problems swallowing. The swallowing was from my nose to throat. not from mouth to throat. He took a scope and looked inside my nose. He saw what could of been extra adnoid tissue and that maybe I was experiencing allergies. He gave me Nasonex and I took it for a few days. I now do not have that problem anymore. But have gained this new problem

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Well, I don't think it is your eyes that is causing this pressure. Glaucoma etc just doesn't act this way.

I would bet that the problem is with your sinus cavities.

I think your plan of a head xray or head CT scan are a good thought and I'd also consult with your primary care MD.

I think in the long run you are going to be OK :-)

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you by pressing the accept button or smiley face. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.