Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

my 72 year old ordinarily healthy wife suddenly became very

Customer Question

my 72 year old ordinarily healthy wife suddenly became very dizzy and unable to do anything but lie down and keep her eyes closed to keep from her head "swimming". She also threw up some food she had just eaten. There is no fever or other symptoms, but she just can't get up off the floor due to the dizzyness. She doesn't seem to have other symptoms such as inability to smile or lose facial control.
I don't know if an anbulance is needed or wait and see if she gets better on her own.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. There are many causes for her symptoms.....but I think she should go to the ER for a complete evaluation right now.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Is there anything you would like to ask me...I see you have reviewed my post. I am online and available now.