Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I am 52 years old; do not usually get sick. Currently I am

I am 52 years old; do not usually get sick. Currently I am running a temp of 102 with aching joints (all over), eyes burn, nose is starting to congest...generally feel like crap. Was wondering if this sounds like the flu? And what is my best plat of attack?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. This certainly does sound like the flu. Unfortunately, I don't know that there's much that can be done except suffer through it, but DayQuil and NyQuil products work pretty well at getting people with the flu through it.
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense?

Not to me. Thanks for your help.

Doctor DanB : What questions do you have?

One more chest is congested and hurts deep when I cough...

Doctor DanB : This also goes along with the flu. How long have you had this?

Since Sunday evening...progressively worse throughout the day yesterday. Not too bad this morning.

Doctor DanB : I would say that by Friday or Saturday you should probably start to turn the corner and be getting better. If you're not getting better by then, you should probably see your doctor because a sinus infection or pneumonia can set in after the flu if your symptoms don't go away completely.

Thanks Doc, have a good day.

Doctor DanB : Youre welcome. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.                     Great question. Thanks for your inquiry. Good luck to you