Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

RA - RDE

Customer Question

I have the question on Laser eye operation. I'm 20 years old now, and I'm planning to do the surgery. But I am worried are there any side-effects after several years?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. For the most part, no. The biggest thing to be concerned with over time is that your refractive error may drift or regress closer to what it was over several years and your result won't be quite s
Doctor DanB : as sharp if that happens. But other than that, there aren't any significant side effects from LASIK that affect the eyes on a delayed basis, years after the surgery.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense?  Do you have any other questions about this? It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense?
JACUSTOMER-7ma0ukxs- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-7ma0ukxs- :

And do you know the general price of the surgery?

Doctor DanB : Anywhere from $500-$300 per eye. Depends on who's doing it and where.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!
JACUSTOMER-7ma0ukxs- :

Do you have any recommendation about the clinic? I live in LA

Doctor DanB : That's a good question. There are literally dozens of LASIK surgeons in LA. , but probably the most well-known and respected is Uday Devgan, MD. http://www.devganeye.com/
JACUSTOMER-7ma0ukxs- :

Ok.Thanks a lot. I'm planning to do the surgery this summer. But I do not have enough time

JACUSTOMER-7ma0ukxs- :

How long I have to take a rest after I finished the surgery?

Doctor DanB : Rest from what?
JACUSTOMER-7ma0ukxs- :

rest after the surgery

JACUSTOMER-7ma0ukxs- :

i mean i can not watch TV right after it, right?

Doctor DanB : No, you can watch TV right afterward. There's no harm in that. Your eyes may revolt a bit if you do it too long. But that won't hurt your eyes.
Doctor DanB : Pod you have any other questions I can help you with tonight?
Doctor DanB : Do you... ( that should've said)