Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

ra-fio

Customer Question

I am blind in my left eye only being able to see lights and colors. This eye strays from the other eye which I can see fairly well out of the right eye. My opthamologist is talking about sending me to a cornea replacement doctor to implant a cornea and a new lens. Then I would have to go see a specialist who deals mainly with manipulation of the muscles behind the eyes to make the left eye travel with the right eye. This is very important to me as I am very self conscious of the left eye drifting away. I want to know what you think about this and if so, give me any suggestions. By the way, I am 49 years old. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 2 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB :

I think that this sounds like a logical sequence of procedures that would need to happen, assuming that your cornea is the problem that is limiting your sight. In order for your eye to have any hope of staying straight after its surgery to straighten the muscles, the sight needs to be restored and if the cornea is the sight-limiting problem in the eye, the cornea would probably need to be transplanted (and a new lens put in at that time, possibly). So, yes, this does sound like a reasonable scenario. I know it sounds like a big haul of surgery, but if taken one at a time, it's quite likely that it would be successful, helping you see and restoring your eyes to a straight-ahead, aligned position.

Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense?  Do you have any other questions about this? It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.