Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I have pink eye again for the fifth time in about 2 months

I have pink eye again for the fifth time in about 2 months time span. Three times in the left, twice in the right. I have thrown all make-up products multiple times. I have always used the drop as prescribed. It keeps coming back after about two weeks. It seems fine and clear. I wait a week, put on new eye make-up and it is back. I have been seen by an eye physician as well as my reg doc. Why does it leep coming back?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 5 years ago.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

It is very unusual to have pink that many times in 2 months.

Dr. James :

So it is unlikely you have pink eye.

Dr. James :

Other causes that can mimic pink eye could be allergic conjunctivitis and blepharitis.

Dr. James :

You should ask your doctor if he truly believes it is pink eye or if the other conditions can be possible.

Dr. James :

I recommend using over the counter artificial tears 4-6 times a day. You should start cleaning your eyelashes as well with baby shampoo in warm water, scrub the bases of your eyelashes with the pads of your fingers twice a day.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.