Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i have a cough for about a week, especially at night time.

Customer Question

i have a cough for about a week, especially at night time. Drainage is green lite. Right eye is red; it does not hurt but drainage is also a very lite green. what can I take this week-end over counter until I can see a doctor on Monday
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have already tried all the available OTC medicines that I would recommend :(

Dr. Rick :

For your eyes, stay away from any drop that says it is for "getting the red out" as they will just make things worse in the long run. I would use artificial tears to soothe you eyes as well as cold compresses.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what about the couch and ringing in the ear
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
That is most likely secondary to the virus causing inflammation in your middle ear and throat. You have already done everything you can with OTC therapy. The choices at this point are to just wait things out while your immune system clears things up or see an MD for Rx medicines that may be able to decrease your symptoms....Sorry about that :(