Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. D.N.B. Gen Surg, FIAGES

Customer Question

My sister had an accident where she fell on the road on a big rock in the night when a autorickshaw knocked down. This was 4 years ago. She was admitted and got some stitches done on the head. It was termed as a concussive head injury. Her eye power had increased dramatically but gradually got almost reset back to a little more than what it was before the accident. Although she gradually recovered over time, being a computer engineer, she eventually gave up her job because eye pain persisted and increased and triggered intolerable headaches. Now she lives indoors most of the time. Even short durations of exposure to bright sunlight, or bright artificial light, or loud sound laeds to eye pain and headache.

Even today, she suffers from extreme eye pain every other day. After a few hours of eye pain, it graduates to miserable headaches that leaves her crying and frustrated with life.

Over the years we have met dozens and dozens of doctors, eye specialists, neurologists, and the like, to no avail whatsoever. This has gotten to the point of giving up faith totally on medicine and on doctors.

What is clearly understood is that one optic nerve was damaged in the accident. The eye was bleeding at that time. We do not know the details of how the initial treatment was given - possibly the nerves were tied like tying a rope?

Till date when she gets the pain, the nerve can almost be seen vibrating rigorously and she says she feels it as if it were beating right into the eye.

Today I decided to resort to the Internet and search for optic nerve damage. This got me here.

I earnestly hope you can help.

Thank you and regards, Lakshmi
Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr.K.S.Dastoor replied 4 years ago.
From your clinical description, it could be a case of migraine.
Has she ever been put on migraine medications?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear Dr. It is not migraine. Please excuse me. This is an after effect of an accident trauma, and I did not least expect a global expert to just tell me it is migraine. Migraine is a hell of a common thing. Please.Any common man's first immediate and most lame 'thought' would migraine.This is not what I want to pay for.