Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

If a mother is regularly using vinegar in a spray bottle sprayed

Customer Question

If a mother is regularly using vinegar in a spray bottle sprayed into the eyes of her children as form of discipline is that endangering their eyesight?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Vinegar is an acid that can cause irritation and damage to the eyes. In think this form of punishment has the potential to cause damage to the eyes.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense?  Do you have any other questions about this? It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
JACUSTOMER-rp3ahoa4- :

I am not clear on your answer.. Did you say you did think this form of punishment had the pontential to cause damage. I believe you had a typo and put "in". In need this to be clear one way or the other so. Thank you.

Doctor DanB : Im sorry for the typo. I do believe this form of punishment has the potential to cause damage to the eyes.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
JACUSTOMER-rp3ahoa4- :

No sir, Thank you.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!
Doctor DanB : I noticed you were still in the chat room. Is there any other way I can help you?