Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My wife hit her forehead just above her right eye, and the

My wife hit her forehead just above her right eye, and the area around her eye has swollen it shut. What should I do?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question.Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : I think the cool pack is one of the best things you candy for t, at least 20 minuts of every hour for the next 24 hours. Also, lying down will help,limit the swelling.
Doctor DanB : That should have said, it is one of the best things you can do forint..
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

She is lying down with the cool pack over the swollen area, and she is not in any serious distress. Nonetheless, is there anything that I should be looking for that would indicate that there is a more serious problem needing immediate medical attention?

Doctor DanB : I would just make sure there isn't any vision loss or eye pain.

There is no eye pain, but she cannot see out of her eye to determine if there is any vision impairment. I guess that I will just keep checking on her through the night. Thanks.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.