Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

new eye operation

new eye operation

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. We are not associated with that TV show, but I can help you with information on this topic.

Dr. Rick :

What they were talking about was the retinal implant. This technology is in the early stages of trials to see if it works and is only available to a select few patients through these studies.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Customer:

I saw a show with a young girl was legaly blind and an operation was preformed on tv that gave her sight back what was the neme of the operation

Dr. Rick :

It was a retinal implant.

Dr. Rick :

It's a computer chip that is implanted in the eyeball......it is only available right now in experimental trails. Here is information on this technology in the USA, along with contact information....

Dr. Rick :

http://www.willseye.org/pdf/RetinalImplantWills_Eye_Institute_FINAL031611.pdf

Customer:

thak you my wife is in the wame condition at 72 do you think it would help her ?

Dr. Rick :

That is hard to tell without knowing more about her. But it sure wouldn't hurt to give the folks at Wills Eye Hospital a call and see if she would be a good candidate for the study.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

YES YES

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

Can I print this chat

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure to help. I wish her the best.

Dr. Rick :

Yes... Just left click and then highlight the entire text, then right click, hit copy. Then open your wordprocessor and hit paste...then print etc.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.