Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

When I read, the words in the center of the page appear concave.

When I read, the words in the center of the page appear concave. This just started a couple of weeks ago. What could it be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : Do you wear glasses or contact lenses?

ut not while i read

Doctor DanB : Is this in one eye only or both eye's?

i think only one

Doctor DanB : Are you myopic or nearsighted?

I have optic neuritis but this is very different

Doctor DanB : It's quite possible that one eye has developed an astigmatism which is an aspherical curvature to the cornea or front of the eye. This would cause this distortion in the words that you read. Does that make sense?

yes can it be fixed with glasses

Doctor DanB : Absolutely.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

great, then I wont worry. thank you

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

I will and thanks for your time

Doctor DanB : My pleasure.