Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.

I have a small spot on my lower eyelid in the middle of the

Customer Question

I have a small spot on my lower eyelid in the middle of the eyelid. There was gunk which had sone but it is irritating
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Susan :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I am currently online and able to help answer your questions. Are you available to chat?

Dr. Susan :

It appears that you are no longer online. What you are describing sounds like either a stye or a chalazion.

Full Size Image

Dr. Susan :

If the image is not visable please refer to this link.

Dr. Susan :

It may be larger and resemble a large pimple. Since it has started draining this is a very good sign. I recommend that you start warm compresses 10-15 minutes 2-3 times per day. The irritation will resolve as soon as the head is completely drained. Complete resolution should take 2-3 days. Please do not attempt to "squeeze" it as you may introduce bacteria to it and cause a more severe infection. Daily eyelid washes with baby shampoo and water will help new ones from appearing.

Dr. Susan :

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. Please press the ACCEPT button so that I may earn credit for my efforts. Any additional questions that you may have, you can ask even after pressing ACCEPT. Also POSITIVE feedback is very much appreciated!

Dr. Susan : Hello! I see that you have viewed my answer but have not responded. Was there anything else that you need answered? Has the lesion improved? If you are satisfied with our session please press the green ACCEPT button do that we can close out our conversation. Thank you.
JACUSTOMER-hy1f3sju- :

Nothing has improved in fact they are worse

Dr. Susan : This my be a sign that the lesion is too deep to drain on its own. At this point, it is best to see an ophthalmologist whom can either start you on some medications or perhaps excise it.
Dr. Susan : This is a simple procedure which would be down in the office with local anesthetic.