Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

While in the shower yesterday I happened to give my closed

While in the shower yesterday I happened to give my closed right eye a glancing blow. It's still aching a bit. The eye itself looks the same, although occasionally the pupil looks a bit larger than the other eye. The vision is still the same. Should I get this looked at?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB :

I think as long as the eye is not significantly red and painful and the vision is still the same, then I think you are okay to continue to patiently wait with this. It is very common for one pupil to be just a bit larger than the other one at any given moment and as long as there isn't severe pain, a droopy eyelid, double vision, or significantly changed vision, this usually isn't anything to get worried about (provided the difference between the two pupils isn't more than about 1.5 millimeters or so). Does that make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns about this topic that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns regarding this topic without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.