Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

my sister has extremely high b/p (is being treated but still

my sister has extremely high b/p (is being treated but still high, also no health insurance) recently her vision has become impaired in 1 eye. she has appointment at lions clinic but not for 1 this reversible? please help.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Can you tell me more about the vision in her affected eye? Can she read, see faces, tv, etc with that eye? Did the vision changes come on all of a sudden? Any pain? Is the eye red or abnormal looking at all? How about the other eye? Anything wrong with it (test each eye one at a time)?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I look forward to your responses so that we can continue to work on figuring out what is going on with your sisters vision.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

dr. rick, in regards XXXXX XXXXX sister withhypertension and visual impairment, what is your reply as to whether is reversible. no obvious change in outward appearance of eye. she sates can see colors but is blurry. hope this helps.

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 56

Already Tried:
is on medication for hypertension. has appt. Lions medical center, but not until May 1.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
It is hard to tell what is going on without more information as here decreased vision could be due to many things. Is there anyway you can get more information for me?

If this is not possible I will be happy to give you a generalized answer but I will be unable to comment on whether or not it is reversible....and seems to be the information that you are most interested in....