Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i have a eye question.one eye is looking at one thing and the

Customer Question

i have a eye question.one eye is looking at one thing and the other eye is looking at something else..they are not focusing on the same thing together. I had this happen before and went to dr. went through mri and all kinds of tests..finally told it would correct itself. it did and now its back. i drive for a living and thats hard to do now. is there a wonder drug or herb or eye drop to try?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

ok

Dr. Rick :

There can be a number of causes of your double vision. One issue could be a phoria that breaks down for whatever reason into a tropia....that is to say a tendency for double vision manifests itself. In these cases it can go away as fast as it showed up.

Customer:

are there glasses to corect this or will it go away in time

Customer:

ok last time it wastwo weeks and it was fine for three yeers

Dr. Rick :

Another cause could be a weakness in the nerve that runs one of the muscles in your eye. The most common nerve involved is the sixth nerve. A visit to the ophthalmologist would be able to easily diagnose this issue.

Dr. Rick :

Also, systemic issues like MS can cause it.....

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you might have had a nerve palsy last time....and, perhaps it has returned.

Customer:

they did a bunbch of checks for ms last time and nothing then

Customer:

pardon typing im riding in a truck

Dr. Rick :

Sorry. No wonder drugs and the only things taking Herbs will do is make you wallet lighter....

Dr. Rick :

that's ok....

Customer:

i dont like taking anything but have to do metformin

Dr. Rick :

With your history of high blood pressure and diabetes I would bet you have a nerve palsy.....

Customer:

is that fixable

Customer:

i quit drinking beer three weeks ago too..should i restart

Dr. Rick :

This is nothing to worry about and, yes, with time it should resolve itself. For the time being you can wear a "pirate patch" to get rid of the double vision....just remember your depth perception will be off -- don't go running over too many Prius'

Dr. Rick :

It fixes it self with time, usually back to normal in 2 to three months.....

Customer:

i have apatch on now..thanks my wifes idea..guess she is smarter than she looks

Dr. Rick :

If you have a chance it would be helpful to have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist to make sure of the diagnosis.

Dr. Rick :

My wife too! (But don't tell her....:-)

Customer:

will do thanks for the help

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Customer:

if i have more questions will i get you

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Ok...shoot.

Dr. Rick :

Oh....just ask for me on the link below or you can post to this thread at no additional charge even after you press that very pretty, wonderful, just wanting to be pushed accept button ;)

Customer:

im mean in future and yes 100%

Dr. Rick :

Yes, even in the future....

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
slow motor in left eye..going to get into va and get checked out
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the feedback.

Ok. It was right along what we were thinking then. Good luck on your visit to the VA. I would bet that, in the long run, you should regain full function.

Take care and have a nice day.