Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

in the last few days my right eye vision has gone from full

in the last few days my right eye vision has gone from full vision to just the lower half of my eye, has a red blur in the top half, when i cover my left eye and look out the right one things are cut in half,cansee the bottom of a person but not the top, have a lens inplant in the eye, just had the Doctor touch it up with lazer 3 weeks ago, no problem until 4 days ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : Are you seeing new floating objects in your vision and/or seeing flashing lights?

no flashing lights, have had floaters for awhile now

Doctor DanB : Have they changed?

seem to be a little larger

Doctor DanB : Does the red blur seem like a curtain that has descended over the vision?

no seems to be in the background

Doctor DanB : So the vision in the top of the visual field is just missing, not like it's covered?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
was trying to answer your question about the vision missing when you ended the chat, the red-orange blur is over the top of the eye, when trying to read a text or book the top of the words are tilted but the bottom is ok.So i guess you would say it is covered, there is like a line in the eye anything above the line is either missing or covered by the blur, anything below the line is ok.
Sorry I had to end the chat; it had frozen on my end and the only way I could continue is by ending the chat. We can continue our conversation this way though. There are two possibilities that this could be: 1. A retinal detachment; or 2. A stroke in the eye. In either way, though, you need to be seen by your ophthalmologist as soon as you can. In the meantime, though try to avoid reading as much as possible. Does that make sense?
Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.